Responses to "What Would You Ask Greg Lake?"
- Date: Wed 8/22/2012
- name = Anil
- email = privacy at omg dot com dot au
- question(s): how do you get that sound out of a saxophone? ive been playing for 6 years so don't leave any details out cause i'll know what your talking about p.s. my saxophone is an alto yamaha custom ex proffesional with same brand neck and mouthpiece.
- Date: Fri 4/20/2012
- name = Laura
- email = snowleopardeyes4 at yahoo dot com
- question(s): I would like to ask Greg who inspired him to sing? If he would ever consider writing a fiction novel, in addition to his autobiography? If I could create a time machine and go back to the 70s, would you marry me? Greg mentioned before that he was thinking about making a replica of his angel necklace, would he also consider making a replica of his emerald necklace? I love that one so much. Writing is something I really love and I think Greg is a very talented writer. What sort of advice could he give to an aspiring writer who has great dreams? It would be so neat to interview Greg, as a younger fan, 22, there is so much I would want to ask him. :D This was fun, thank you for making this survey.
- Date: Sat 10/15/2011
- name = Nelle
- email = info at fitts dot com
- question(s): Too many compliments, too little space, thanks!
- Date: Tue 9/20/2011
- name = Betsy Thaggard
- email = bthaggard at gmail dot com
- question(s): Any advice about recovering lost things? - Dexterity after hand surgery (I've had two releases and still can't grip a pick for long) - Voice after a long layoff (any specific exercises that worked for you?) - Seemingly irreparable relationships. You seem to have found secrets to all three. Please share.
- Date/Time of Posting: Jun 19 2005 / 04:34:04
- name = Karen
- replyemail = Sunny2354 at aol dot com
- comments = There is a program in the U.S. called "Inside the Actor's Studio." At the end, the host
asks the guest questions. I would love to hear Greg's answers to the questions used on the show.
1. What's your favorite word?
2. What's your least favorite word?
3. What profession other than music would you most like to try?
4. What profession other than music would you least like to try?
5. What turns you on creatively, emotionally or spiritually?
6. What turns you off?
7. What sound or noise do you love?
8. What sound or noise do you hate?
9. If God exists, what would you like Him to say to you when you die?
- Date/Time of Posting: Feb 23 2003 / 22:47:46
- name = Eileen
- replyemail = webmistress at ladiesofthelake dot net
- comments = You were chewing gum throughout the entire Cal Jam concert. Why? How did you keep from choking on it during your vocal performance?
- Date/Time of Posting: Oct 24 2002 / 23:09:11
- name = howard pearson
- replyemail = hpea326815 at aol dot com
- comments = being a Greg Lake "superfan" since i first heard his outstanding vocals with King Crimson, and his acoustic guitar intracacies on the likes of "from the beginning" and "c'est la vie", i would love to know what his favorite acoustic guitar is, or at least what he used on those two songs so that i can buy one. thanks so much. ...
- Date/Time of Posting: Oct 21 2002 / 07:18:05
- name = E.
- replyemail = You know
- comments = Do you still own that angel pendant you wore in a lot of 70's pics?
WebMistress' note: This question was answered in the Greg Lake "One 2 One" section for January 2005.
- Date/Time of Posting: Oct 16 2002 / 19:42:20
- name = Jan
- replyemail = sargent126 at aol dot com
- comments = Boxers or briefs?
- Date/Time of Posting: Oct 13 2002 / 11:26:33
- name = Steve
- replyemail = swwice at rev dot net
- comments = The big burning question is: when will Greg do a U.S. solo tour???? We are ready to see him!! The only other question I had was what type/brand of equipment is Greg currently using (ie. bass guitar, acoustic guitar, amps, etc.). Hope you are doing well. I didn't know that an interview was coming up. Who is doing it, when, and where?
- Date/Time of Posting: Oct 12 2002 / 20:16:18
- name = E.
- replyemail = email@example.com
- comments = You have such a great voice. Have you ever considered doing narrations or voice-overs?
- Jan 13, 2002 22:16
- slcanfield at earthlink dot net
- This summer you performed Karn Evil 9, Lucky Man and In The Court of the Crimson King with the All Starrs. What goes through your mind when you play these songs? Do you have a specific memory? Or are you concentrating on the performance of the song?
- Jan 23, 2002 21:23
- slcanfield at earthlink dot net
- I am curious about the bass you were using during the All Starr tour. It looks bright red in all of the pictures, but I thought it was more faded, almost Coral. It was also very "scuffed up". What is its story? I also read that you used a Hofner bass during some of the performances. Is this true? If so, how did you like playing it?
- March 15, 2002
- Are you afraid of anything?
- Jan 13, 2002 18:58
- webmistress at ladiesofthelake dot net
- Greg, I know that the guitar you wrote "Lucky Man" on is on display in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland (which is right down the road from me, by the way). Are there any other items from ELP's glory days on display? We were thinking about some of the clothing you used to wear, such as the jacket with the doves & wisteria embroidered on it.
- Jan 12, 2002 22:42
- diamonddog at charter dot net
- What are some of your favorite bands and/or artists?
- Jan 10, 2002 18:48
- rayondanadene at aol dot com
- I saw you all at Billy Bob's Texas and enjoyed the show. Loved Lucky Man, what was it like when you realized that Ringo and Sheila E were on drums during your set. In being in the All Starr Band, other than your own songs, what were your favorite songs to play. I had heard that Octopus Garden was going to be one of the songs in an earlier line up. What happened, and that song would have sounded even better with you playing. What were your favorite places to play. Did you have fun being a "beatle" during the Summer?
- Jan 10, 2002 09:40
- mistylakecastle at aol dot com
- I read that ELP used to tour 200 dates a year. How did you keep your voice in condition night after night?
- Jan 9, 2002 23:28
- shorterthanu at hotmail dot com
- Judging from the concert photos I've seen, looks like you had a great time this past summer with Ringo's All Starr band. Would you please tell us about some of your favorite "Ringo moments?"
- Jan 9, 2002 19:27
- elptony at webtv dot net
- What cd's do you have in your car right now?